XpertSea is a Canadian technology company that’s transforming how the global aquaculture industry farms seafood. Combining artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, we're building cutting-edge solutions to empower hatcheries, farms and research centres to track and manage their aquatic populations with greater speed, accuracy and insight than ever before. With more than 100 customers in over 48 countries, we’re using Canadian ingenuity to help feed the world.
XpertSea is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager (Talent and Culture) to contribute to both our local and international growth. You will play a key role overseeing all human resource activities.
- Work closely with all team managers to plan and define their workforce and human resource needs.
- Manage processes related to recruiting, selecting, onboarding and integrating new employees.
- Conduct reference checks and other types of checks on selected applicants.
- Prepare employee contracts.
- Help managers develop and implement the necessary organizational changes.
- Identify training needs to support the professional development of employees; coordinate training activities and control training expenditures.
- Develop and ensure implementation of the performance review process.
- Participate in the remuneration policy and keep it updated.
- Determine annual salary increase proposals with managers.
- Develop and implement human resource management policies and tools.
- Advise managers and employees on the application of human resource management policies.
- Draft internal communications and HR presentations (in English and French).
- Stay abreast of the latest trends to position the company as an employer of choice.
- Keep human resource management support documentation up to date.
- Oversee administration of pay and employee benefit and pension plans; make recommendations on the design and administration of these plans to guarantee their efficiency and relevance.
- Participate in various human resource initiatives (survey on employee engagement, activities for employees and recognition programs).
- Ensure compliance with regulations concerning pay equity, 1% Law and OQLF standards.
- Encourage continuing improvement of human resource management, helping to create a healthy, productive and friendly working environment.
- Monitor trends and issues that may impact HR and the labour market in general; report on these topics and make the necessary recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or in Industrial Relations, CHRP designation
- Member of the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés du Québec
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role in the IT sector; comfortable in an entrepreneurial culture
- 8 to 10 years’ relevant experience, as a generalist in human resources, and direct experience in HR partnership/consulting with team managers
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills combined with a commitment to provide excellent service
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong ability to identify issues and make HR recommendations accordingly
- Ability to deal with delicate situations in a calm and diplomatic manner while promoting a win-win approach
- Effective team player with demonstrated ability to forge positive, productive work relationships both locally and nationally
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (written and spoken)
- Experience with an ATS
- Experience with the most popular recruitment tools, such as LinkedIn, Indeed and Facebook